Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Health Tips

Living a healthy lifestyle is something that is pretty important to me and I try to incorporate exercise and healthy foods into my every day life. I was never really taught how to live a healthy every day life and had to learn through friends and the internet. I picked up a few things and I am pretty proud of my little routine I have made for myself! I wanted to share what I do daily in hope that it would encourage some people who are looking for some healthy habits but might be a little lost.

Exercise routine:

For a quick morning workout: (or any time of the day)

-Run 2 miles (at least 1 mile if you're not much of a runner)
-20 jumping jacks, 20 jumping lunges, 20 squats, 20 burpees, 20 push-ups and 20 sit ups (repeat 3 times)

If you go to the gym:
Monday's- Routine above + legs (you can make up your own leg workout plan)
Tuesday's- Routine above + arms & abs
Wednesday's- Routine above + more cardio (stair steppers for 10 minutes, bike for 3 miles, run sprints)
Thursday's- Routine above + arms & abs
Friday's- Routine above + legs
Saturday & Sunday- I typically just do the morning routine above. 

Food:

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt PLAIN with honey, granola, strawberries & blueberries
OR scrambled egg whites with cheese, avocado & spinach. DON'T SKIP- most important meal of the day :)
Lunch: White meat chicken with brown rice, mixed veggie salad with chicken, pretty much anything with protein in it plus veggies.
Dinner: Grilled tilapia or salmon, white meat chicken, all natural ground beef, sweet potatoes, green beans, brown rice.
Snacks in between meals: Apples and peanut butter, carrots and humus, cheese string or the little cheese wheels that are in a red shell, almonds (or any type of nuts), banana's with peanut butter, mixed berries and nuts, greek yogurt cups.
It is super important to eat through out the day, especially if you are on the move a lot. I also have low blood sugar so I need to have energy to keep going.


I hope this is helpful, it sure is for me! If you have any other suggestions or questions I would love to hear them, feel free to comment.

Love, Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment